School Re-Opening Plan
To ensure that the journey of our students to and from school is up to the standards that #GEMSHealthandSafety promise, our school and bus fleet undergoes a thorough and regular deep cleaning in addition to a stringent disinfection process. We are installing state-of-the-art thermal cameras for temperature checks, created a safety area and isolation room, and classes as well as key Front of House areas will have protective shields while practicing social distancing. These are just a few examples of how GEMS American Academy Qatar (GAAQ) is preparing for the new school year.
The purpose of our school's re-opening plan is:
- Streamlined communication among administration, staff and families
- Proactive and reactive safety measures
- Helping families and staff feel comfortable
- Doing what is best educationally
- Adhering to MOE, MOPH and GEMS Education guidelines
Overall, we want GAAQ to remain open and free of COVID-19 threats, so it will take a community effort! Thus, we encourage our parents to:
- Keep your child at home if they present COVID-like symptoms (fever, upper respiratory congestion, coughing and sneezing)
- Read and follow procedures in this re-opening guide
To review the final draft of our school re-opening plan, please click here.
In closing, always remember that we do everything with you (our families) in mind! Go Raptors!
#WeAreGAAQ #GEMSEducation #GEMSHealthandSafety