Some of our notable events, accomplishments and recognition:
The Knowledge Review magazine named GEMS American Academy one of "The Top 10 Best International Schools in Qatar" for 2018!
Learn more about GEMS American Academy through this engaging and informative video!
This year, Grade 12 student Andrew Jose was selected to deliver a TEDx Youth talk on the "7 Precepts of Successful Event Organization."
Arguably, United Nations Day is the biggest day of celebration in the GAAQ community. United Nations (UN) Day is devoted to celebrating the diversity of our student body through music and dance, cultural performances, parade of nations and the showcase of country specific booths/stalls throughout the school.
Web Link (Page 9):
We introduce you to the reigning, back-to-back Battle of the Bands champions, GAAQ's very own... STEEMGATE!
Check out the band playing one of their winning selections for the judges:
A well-deserved applause goes to our students and teachers that are leading the charge for GEMS American Academy to become one of the first eco-friendly, green schools in Qatar. In our quest to become an approved eco-friendly/green school, 11 educators recently received professional certifications that will help guide GEMS American Academy to become an eco-school. Also, our Advance Placement (AP) Environmental Science students presented their research and proposals to the Green Initiatives PLC.
We are proud of every Grade 12 student at GEMS American Academy Qatar. They represent history as the first graduating class in our school’s history! The following Grade 12 students have received college/university acceptance letters:
- Faris Shaheen: Accepted to George Mason University (Virginia, USA)
- Zaine-Eddine Khelifa: Accepted to AFG College with the University of Aberdeen (Qatar)
- Alan Shehadeh: Accepted to Oakland Community College (Michigan, USA)
- Firas Saidi: Accepted to University of Regina (Canada)
- Nicole Gomez: Accepted to Universidad Europea de Madrid (Spain)
- Omar Mohammadieh: Accepted to University of Arizona (Arizona, USA)
- Kian Horn: Accepted to University of Greenwich and University of Westminster (U.K.)
- Alessandra Larrea: Accepted to London South Bank University (U.K.)
- Andrew Jose: Accepted to Houston Baptist University (Texas, USA) as a recipient of the Founders Scholarship in the amount of $92,000 USD over 4 years
Watch Grade 5 student Ceana Marianu discuss the importance of her class's field trip to Kahramaa Awareness Park. Our students discovered how Qatar produces fresh water and power as they explored what they can do to conserve energy in their daily lives. These learning objectives tie into the education themes of social responsibility and sustainable development.
In Grade 11, Andrew Jose created the first ever youth business conference in Qatar's history by founding QINOCON, the Qatar Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Conference, in 2018. Students from Grade 8/Year 9 - Grade 12/Year 13 were invited from various schools in Qatar to learn about turning ideas into organizations and get a chance listen to the inspiring stories of real-life entrepreneurs. Qatar's own Khalifa Al Haroon aka "Mr. Q" was one of the guest speakers who spoke at GAAQ about his journey and passion for creating ILoveQatar.net.