Fees and Payments
We endeavour to make our payment process as easy as possible with a range of simple and straightforward payment options, as well as a clear, concise fee structure. You’ll find everything you need to know about our fees and payment process here. Of course, if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Telephone: +974 4032 9000
Email: [email protected]
Current Fee Schedule
All fees listed below are payable in advance of attendance and are assessed in accordance with the fee structure established by GEMS Education and approved by Qatar’s Ministry of Education (MOE).
Fee Details (all fees quoted are in Qatari Riyals)
|Grade||Term 1 Payment Due: Sept 1||Term 2 Payment Due: Jan 2||Term 3 Payment Due: April 3||Yearly Fees*|
|Pre- K - KG2||15,140||10,005||10,005||35,150|
|7 - 9||23,600||15,450||15,450||54,500|
|10 - 12||25,660||16,995||16,995||59,650|
*Includes Stationery & Books
Annual stationery fees are charged at 1,000 QAR per student per year. Supplies are required. Parents can opt to pay the stationery fee or commit to providing every item listed on the required stationery list prior to the start of the school year. Please refer to the GAAQ Stationery List for the required items.
If a student joins the school during the course of the academic year, the school can charge tuition fees starting from the beginning of the month of enrollment.
For reference, please click here to review the Ministry of Education (MOE) approved fee schedule for 2022 - 2023 (which includes Stationery & Books in a different table).
Tuition Fee Discount
- Sibling Discount: 25% (for the 4th child) and 50% discount (for the 5th child)
- Referral Discount: GEMS American Academy Qatar parents can take advantage of our Refer-a-Friend Program!
How Does The Refer-a-Friend Program Work? It’s simple! Once a family is enrolled, they are eligible to refer and be rewarded. As a GAAQ family, introduce a new family or friend to the GEMS American Academy community and earn a tuition discount of 4% per child - and up to 100% of your child's annual tuition fees - if the referred student is successfully enrolled and attends our school. To be eligible for this discount, both the referrer and referred must complete 2 weeks of school and have paid Term 1 fees.
There is no limit to the amount of students that you can refer! Please ensure that the referred family writes your name down during the enrollment process! This program continues to be a BIG success and we want to make sure that all of our families know about the opportunity.
For more information, please contact [email protected].
Corporate Agreements - Fee Discounts
Additionally, if you work at the following companies, then you are entitled to a 10% fee discount for each child for the 2023 - 2024 school year. Please note that our corporate agreement tuition discounts are subject to approval for each academic year.
- Aljazeera Media Network
- Hamad Medical Corporation
- Ministry of Public Health (MOPH)
- Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC)
- Qatar Airways (AND its subsidiaries)
- Qatar Foundation
- Sidra Medicine
Moreover, if you work at Qatar Energy AND the following subsidiaries below, then you are also entitled to a 10% fee discount for each child for the 2023 - 2024 school year. Please note that our corporate agreement tuition discounts are subject to approval for each academic year.
- Gasal Company (Q.S.C)
- Gulf Drilling
- Gulf Helicopters
- N-KOM (Nakilat Keppel Offshore Marine)
- NAC (Nakilat Agency Company)
- NDSQ (Nakilat Damen Shipyards Center)
- NSW (Nakilat SvitzerWijsmuller)
- North Oil
- Q Chem
- Q JET
- Qatar Gas
- Qatar Shell
- QATAR STEEL
- Woqod International
- Woqod Marine
Re-Registration Deposit (Current Students)
This deposit is payable at the time of enrollment to guarantee a place for the following academic year. The re-registration deposit is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. This deposit is a non-refundable deposit.
Please note that students who are unable to be registered in the MOE’s system due to missing required document or students with an outstanding fee balance will not be able to re-enroll for the next academic year.
Pre-K: Registration Fee Waived until October 31, 2023!
For Pre-K families interested in enrolling, your child's registration fee (valued at 3,200 QAR) is now waived for the 2023 - 2024 academic year! This is EXCITING news for both Pre-K families that (1) want to enroll at our school and for Pre-K families that (2) have already enrolled for the 2023 - 2024 academic year!
How does it work?
- After passing the assessment, parents pay 3,200 QAR to confirm their child's seat.
- Once the student starts the 2023 - 2024 academic year with us, the 3,200 QAR registration payment will be credited toward the child's Term I tuition fee payment (instead of being a one-time fee registration).
- The Pre-K enrollment deadline for this limited time offer is October 31, 2023.
Please note that this offer is non-refundable if admission is cancelled. Additionally, this offer cannot be combined with the 10% corporate partner discount.
The tuition fees are due prior to the start of the academic year and payable in advance of attendance at the start of each term. Tuition fees will be invoiced from the time of admission to ensure that payments can be processed before the start of the term. If your circumstances, change, it is essential that you contact us in advance of the deadline so that we can guide you on available options. Please note that all tuition fees are in accordance with the fee structure established by GEMS Education under the guidance of Qatar’s Ministry of Education.
- Once you have accepted a place at GEMS American Academy Qatar, payment of the non-refundable, one-time registration fee must be paid by the date provided from the Admissions office.
- PK - Registration Fee Waived! (until October 31, 2023)
- KG1 – KG2 Registration Fee = 3,200 QAR
- Grades 1 – 12 Registration Fee = 3,500 QAR
- Assessment Fee: 200 QAR
- NO assessment fee for Pre-K, KG1 and KG2 students
- Tuition fees are inclusive of, but not limited to, books, paper (as deemed necessary by faculty) and the loan of standard textbooks.
- There are no extra charges other than for breakages, loss of/or damage to books, field trips, external after school activities and/or for materials required for practical classes.
The following methods of payment are accepted:
- Credit card
- Current or post-dated cheque
- Wire transfer
- Please contact our Accounts department for bank details by emailing [email protected].